Tuesday 8 July 2014

3 hours from glory...


4 heavyweights.

180 minutes from glory.

With so many stars and match winners across the four squads, there is high potential for someone to deliver something special.

Someone to rise to the occasion. Or merely to do what they do, on a greater occasion.

Something that will be remembered for the ages.

It's no secret, I hope it is Lionel.

But it could easily be Robben, Oscar, or Goetze.

Argentina - Holanda


It's ironic that I have been tagged in Dennis Bergkamp's goal that knocked us out in 98' about three times this month.

That one hurt.

I've always thought that when we win, I'd like us to beat the best. All of them.

I didn't want to get Costa Rica in the semi-final, because then it'd be too easy at the end of the Cup to say 'oh but you had an easy ride'.

Even a Brazil without Neymar, would have been somewhat not quite the best. So I'm happy with the path to glory.

Two demons to exercise.

Germany and The Netherlands.

To beat the old foe of Germany in the final, who have knocked us out in both our last World Cups and who also had some refereeing help in Italia 90 to win it against us, would be a just way to take it out. 

We need two of the greatest matches since 86' from 'Los Pibes'.

Le'Oranje. A huge task. Many tactical battles.

Lous Van Gaal vs Messi.

Sabella vs Louis Van Gaal

The Argentine midfield and defense vs RVP, Sneijder and Robben.

The last three guys there are giving me a headache just saying their names. I'm not sure we can keep them scoreless. It seriously pains me as I say it.

Rojo has been very good, but in particular Wesley turning around Biglia and Masche. These boys will have to have an even bigger game again.

RVP. He barely needs half a chance. Think his diving header, think his turn and finish against Australia. He makes half chances look like tap ins. 

Headache is now a migraine. 

And then I think of no Di Maria going forward for us. His run from Messi's passes give oxygen to the team when under pressure. 

We have to find oxygen elsewhere. Lavezzi! Maybe? Por favor! Te pido!

Pero Somos Argentino..

If it is our year, it feels right that it has to be this way. 

We have suffered 24 years since Italia.

And suffer we have, in some of the worst ways.

And now our hearts have suffered in this World Cup. 

Nothing has come easy and nothing will come easy in the next 180 minutes. 

I am ready, I want to suffer my part a little bit more. 

I believe in Lionel. I believe in Masche. 

I believe in our futbol.

Vamos por todo Argentina!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment