Saturday 12 July 2014

This, is the tears in my eyes for this team...



This photo is it. 

This is why I love this Argentina Team. 

This is why this team has reached the final, when others haven't. 

I loved the Argentina World Cup sides of the past, I did. I do. Still. 

I have spent many hours bewildered at how 2006 crashed so fast in 12 minutes. 

I spent days wondering how the most talented squad of 2002, failed to get through the group stage. 

But this picture says it for me. 

Rojo lays spent. Completely spent. 

Saturated of energy. 

Anguish and pain on his face. 

But most of all, the jersey. 

The shirt, is also spent. 

The shirt that represents all Argentines has been to a war. 

It has been in a war and it has fought. 

The man wearing the jersey, has done it justice for all us Argentines.

We haven't played the beautiful mesmerising futbol of 06.

We haven't got Zanetti, Batigol, or Riquelme, signature players of the La Seleccion and a squad of 2002 that was embarrassingly rich. 

We have Rojo, Biglia, and Masche. 

But they have fought for the jersey.

They have fought for our people. 

They have fought for our futbol. 

They have to go fight again one more time. 

But this time, the tears will be in my eyes from the first moment, because the jersey is back, back where it belongs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment